Hi, I am Kristine and this is my food blog. Its special cause its all about Paleo food. Some time ago I discovered that I was gluten intolerant, so I started eliminating foods that caused issues with my body. First it was the breads and pastas and I felt better. But then, bad news, my gall bladder was bad and needed to be removed. I used this as a starting point for my new way of life…Paleo Life.
I hope that over time I can share my journey and inspire you to live better and feel better.
List of things I eat….
- Meat-this includes fish
- Veggies-I’m super picky, so this is a slim list
- Fruits- fruit is awesome
- Honey and maple syrup-my only two sweeteners
- Plant milks-almond and coconut
- Potatoes and cheese-there is some discussion on the paleo-ness of these two but these are my only two concessions, I simply cannot live without them.
- Lastly nothing processed-not an easy task
Going out to eat is a pain, so few places offer anything that not processed or laden with sugar and wheat products.
I have been dabbling with all kinds of baking and I find that it is hard to get tasty sweets that aren’t loaded with refined sugars. Pinterest is a huge help, people share all sorts of amazing recipes and today I found some brownies…yay!
Try these from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy
This was the finished baked product…Amaze balls! Even the kids liked them and they don’t like anything.
Soon I will have a recipe page that will have all the recipes that I have tried and tested, yay or fail.